"Rid me of myself..."

Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemption's hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Chorus:
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Oh Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You were
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss

Chorus

Bridge:
To your heart
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart

I absolutely love this song!  It speaks such strong words - "rid me of myself..." 

This song reminds me of the John 3:30 which says, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Comments

  1. A family member of yours, I believe she said she was your sister, Elizabeth, am I right? Sent me an email and linked to your blog. :) I just followed and I'm excited to see more posts. :)
    I blog at:
    Www.Modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com (A Christian Fashion/Southern lifestyle blog)
    Www.Sittinginthesaddle.blogspot.com (A blog dedicated to my biggest passion, other than the Lord, HORSES! :)
    I hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kalin!

    Thanks a bunch for the follow. =)Yes Elizabeth is my sister. I found your blog a few months back via Pinterest (love Pinterest!)and I just love it. =) Your passion for the Lord is so very encouraging, and your posts about horses are always fun to read. If I haven't followed you already, I'll go back and follow you. =) Thanks again and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1