God is my strength

I am continually reminded of my desperate need for God. Each time I try to fix or figure something out, I am reminded that I don't have the ability to fix nor do I possess all the knowledge. 

As the year comes to an end and another one prepares to begin, my anxiety takes form and thoughts tend to wander. Last night I was lying in bed and talking with the Lord. I was talking with Him about some fears I have, when Psalm 73:26 came to my mind. It says,

My flesh and heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. 

Again, I repeated the verse. O the power of God's Word! O how magnificent it is to recite Scripture and be immediately comforted. It will always amaze me what the Living Word can do to a soul. 

For me, this verse in the 73rd chapter of the book of David's Psalms, it is the cry of my heart and God's response to my cry. God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. He is enough. How many times will I have to remind myself of that very fact? Probably until God calls me Home. You would think that something like that, something like knowing God and His character, that would stick. Alas, I am human, a human that has been spoiled by sin, yet saved by grace though faith in Jesus Christ. And because of my humanness, I must remind myself every day of this. 

Isn't it a comfort knowing that though, as believers, our hearts and flesh will cease, but God is our high tower and allotment for ever? We can cling to Him and He will keep us there. He won't let us go and allow us to be consumed by the raging waves. Yet, in that, I must fix my gaze. Where am I looking? Am I looking to the storm or the One who made the storm? 

As God continues to lead me in His will for my life, I must remember to keep my eyes on Him. May I encourage you to do the same. 

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stated on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength." Isaiah 26:3-4




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross - Hymn for July