His GEMS {a five part Q&A sister series} - Abigail

I wanted to do a series of posts interviews that involve my sisters - even though I wasn't 100% on what I wanted the name to be or what I wanted the questions to be about.  So, again, here I am with something new.  :-) What brought this idea was a conversation I had with my sister the other day about sin, and then we both looked at one another and said that it would be an interesting idea if I interviewed each of them and turned that conversation into a blog post.  Like I said, this will be a five part series ending with my sisters interviewing me. 
Google
The pictures that I share with each post will be a hint to each of my sisters gifts.

Before I share the interview I want to share the meaning behind my sister's name.

Abigail - Father rejoiced, or Father's joy. 
Along with the meaning of the name I came across this description of the name: 
"People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony."

My interview with Father's joy.

Question #1:  Tell me a little bit about yourself (this is a rhetorical question on my part): 
My name is Abigail (my siblings sometimes call me Abby), and I am 19 years old.  I'm part Italian, German and Dutch; I love my family and friends, and I am also a foodie ------a big foodie!  

Question #2:  Besides the Bible, what is your favorite book?
I have a lot of books that I love, so it's hard to pick just one......'Skin' by Tedd DeKker is amazing, and I also LOVE The Hunger Games trilogy. :)

Question #3: Random fact!
For the longest time (as a child), I wanted my name to be Mary...I don't really know why, though. :p

Question #4: What man from the Bible inspires you the most. Why?
Aside from Jesus, I was actually thinking of King David.  (I know, he committed a lot of sins in his life.) I picked him because I love how expressive he is.  He put what he felt into words, and that is something that I struggle with greatly; especially when it comes to praying.  

Question #5: What woman from the Bible inspires you the most. Why?
Along with some of the ladies from my church, I have been studying about Ruth.  I am picking her because of her loyalty, her faith and her willingness to go into the "unknown".  

Question #6: What are your thoughts on homeschooling?
Homeschooling holds a special place in my heart...not only was I raised this way, but I believe it is essential to children, in how they learn (individually); and homeschooling tends to "spark" the imagination bug. :) Everyday - everything - is a lesson; you never stop learning.  Homeschooling isn't really something you "graduate" from, you know?  And I love that. :) 

Question #7: How do you feel about modesty?  Do you think that we ladies should be dressing to please God or man?  Why?
Modesty is essential, especially if you want to help your BIC (brothers in Christ).  I believe we (godly women of all ages) should be desiring to please God in everything we do.

Question #8 (a fun one): Team Peeta or team Gale?  Why or why not?
Team PEETA.  I just loved him from book one!  I tend to draw towards those with a softer character, and he definitely was softer in character than Gale was in the books.  I also loved how he was dedicated to Katniss, even after everything (read the books.......you'll understand, haha!). 



Anyway...

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post. :-)

In His Ever Loving Hands,
Sarah

P.S.  GEMS stands for "God's Evangelist Maidens"  :-) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1