Truths to remember

Awhile a go I read a book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, called Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets them free.  It was a game life changer for me.  If you've not read the book (or done the study, which I highly recommend!), then please look into it!  If you're interested in reading the book or doing it as a study for the ladies in your church, click here.

After reading the book, I decided to write down the Truths in the back of my notebook.  While flipping through that notebook the other day I decided I wanted to share some of them with you today.  Like I said, it was a life changer for me and just now coming back to these truths I find how much I've allowed myself to "slip up".


Truth #1.  God is good. 

"Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statues." Psalm 119:68

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 136:1


Truth #2. God loves me and whats me to have His best.

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32


"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

Truth #3.  I am complete and accepted in Christ. (This was something I had a hard time accepting.)

" According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." Ephesians 1:4-6


Truth #4.  God is enough. 

"Jehovah is my shepherd, I do not lack." Psalm 23:1 (YLT)

Truth #5. God can be trusted.

"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste." Isaiah 28:16

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

Truth #6. God doesn't make mistakes.

"Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD."  Isaiah 46:10

Truth #7. God's grace is sufficient for me.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 

Truth #8. The blood of Christ is sufficient to cover all my sin. 

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."  1 John 1:7

Truth #9. The cross of Christ is sufficient to conquer my sinful flesh.

"Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Romans" 6:6-7

I pray that these truths bring conviction and comfort to your soul.

May you all have a blessed week!

~Sarah






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1