Recipe - finally

So it's been a while since I shared a recipe.  My fault, I know.  I try and post only the really "good" recipes.

I came across this recipe via Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try - with a few alterations, of course!
After I made it the first time my sister, Abigail and I said that they tasted just like a brownie - but SO much more better for you!  Here's the recipe and what I changed or didn't change. :)

Ingredients
1 cup almond butter - the second time I made these, I didn't have almond butter so I used peanut instead. Definitely not as good, but still tasty. 
2 eggs - I used 2 flax "eggs". For instructions, click here.
1/4 cup maple syrup - since maple syrup makes me really sick, I use Xylitol.
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp. coconut flour
2 tbsp. cocoa powder - the recipe calls for 1 or 2 tablespoons. I used the later because I wanted mine more chocolate-ity but you can totally leave out the other tablespoon if you want.
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup shredded zucchini - I shredded this first and let it drain for a good 15 minutes. 
2 or 3 tbsp. chocolate chips - I used these and they tasted amazing!  Here the recipe only called for 1 or 2 tablespoons but I used more because I like things chocolate-ity! :)

Instructions
Preheat your oven to 375.  Line a muffin tin with 8 or 9 muffin cups.  Squeeze any excess moisture out of the zucchini.  Mix together the almond butter, eggs (or flax), syrup (or Xylitol), vanilla, and salt.  Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder.  Add the vinegar and baking soda and stir to combine.  Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.

Add about 1/4 cup of the lovely batter into each muffin cup.  Lower your oven temp to 350 (not sure why they tell you to turn it up to 375 then turn in down to 350, but I did it anyway).  Bake for 20 -25 minutes.  Mine took about 40 minutes.  Makes 8 or 9 muffins.  Serve warm or at room temp.

I forgot to take a picture of mine, of course!  But these are kind of what they looked like:

Google Images 


I hope that you enjoy these yummy treats!

Blessings,
Sarah

Comments

  1. ...A healthy chocolate brownie...? Oh! Bliss! I will have to attempt these sometime, then! :)
    We baked gingerbread muffins today...I was so impressed with the flavor and texture! Baking is simply delightful, isn't it...?

    Much love and hugs to you, dear Sarah!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly-Anne!
      Thanks for the comment! :) I think "bliss" is the perfect word for these muffins!
      I absolutely adore gingerbread muffins, in fact, my mother makes a mean molasses muffin that has ginger in it. :) Baking is so very therapeutic for me and I love to do it. :)

      Blessings to you!
      Sarah

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1