"...and yet possessing all things."

2 Corinthians 6:10 - As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. 

Poor, rich, widowed, married, single, if you possess the One Thing you possess "all things."  This morning I was reminded by God that if I possess Him, I possess all things - even if I'm still (or forevermore) single.  I have everlasting life; I have His grace, His favor, His unending faithfulness (even though I do not deserve it!) and His promise that He'll never leave me nor forsake me.  That my dears, is all things.
Still...
I'm sinner and I have hard days, but still this verse seemed to tug at my heart.  In my prayer journal, I asked this question: "Do I live my life like I possess the Greatest Gift?" That question reminded me of a quote from a book that I've mentioned here before, The Martyr of the Catacombs 
"What you have sought for all your life is our dearest possession. Treasured up in our hearts, it is worth for more to us than all that the world can give. It gives us happiness in life even in this place of gloom, and in death it makes us victorious."
I want my life to reflect that kind of faith - even in the midst of death or disappointment.  I'm a woman of God with a deep desire: to marry, have children, be a wife and mother.  And by God's grace to live out Proverbs 31.  But for now I must wait.  I must be still and cling to Him (not to say that once I meet my future husband, I'll simply "let go" of God).  Right now, even when things are hard, I will run to My Father and sigh contently in His tender embrace.  Won't you do the same? Jesus said in Matthew 11:28,

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 

May He always remind you of His greatest Gift.  May you always be reminded of His love for you and His desire for your life.

This post is small, but I still wanted to share with the hope and prayer that maybe God would use this in your life this morning.
Blessings in the Lord Jehovah!
Sarah






Comments

  1. ...A beautifufl post to read this morning, dearest Sarah... You shared such lovely thoughts on this verse and the quote is so true!
    God is our everything...how blessed we are!
    Sarah, you are in my prayers - may our Father strengthen and encourage you as you desire more of Him in your life...
    Blessings and much dear love in the Lord!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly-Anne, thank you for such a sweet comment. It IS such a wonderful truth to know that we have a Redeemer and that He alone takes away our fears, sadness, and emptiness!
      Thank you, dear friend for the prayers - I am rich in knowing that another sister is praying for me. The only other way that I can think to "repay" you is to pray for you too.
      May you be greatly blessed today!
      Hugs and prayers,
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thoughts Sarah! Thanks for this reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1