Literary Listography: My reading life in lists

Literary Listography: My Reading Life in Lists.   I found this book on Amazon about a year ago and thought I'd try it out.  First off, I LOVE getting packages in the mail!  Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves receiving letters/packages?  There's something very old-fashioned (can you believe that sending mail has become OLD FASHIONED?) about it that causes me to think back to Elizabeth Gaskell and Jane Austen days.




So, what is this book and how does it work?  Please, let me explain (couldn't help but say that in Inigo Montoya's voice from the Princess Bride).  The book contains many, many lists and each list has a title, such as Books That Made Me Cry, Fictional Characters I Would Not Get Along With (not gonna lie, I'm enjoying this one), and Favorite Literary Lovebirds.  You're given a certain number of lines to record these books on and that's pretty much it.  While it may sound boring, it's actually quite entertaining.

It's a bit far away, but those are the "lists".
I told you there was a lot!
Here's one I haven't even started yet.

What I thought I would do is share a list or two out of the book with my answers and then, if you feel like sharing, you could do the same in the comments below!  How's that sound?

Okay, here we go.

List #1 - Children's Books I Love

  • Treasury of Fairy Tales - all I remember is that the cover is blue and it has gold-lined pages
  • Book of Virtues - William J. Bennet.  Random side note: if I marry someone whose last name is Bennet and we end up having daughters, I really would like to name at least one of them Elizabeth Jane or Mary Elisabeth...totally random, I know.  Back to the point. :p 
  • Make Way for Ducklings - Robert McCloskey
  • Blueberries for Sal - Robert McCloskey
  • One Morning in Mane - Robery McCloskey
  • Becky and the Bear - Dorothy Von Woerkom
  • Miss Rumphius - Barbara Cooney
  • Goodnight Moon - Margaret Wise Brown and Pat Hancock
  • Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis
  • "There are rocks in my socks!" Said the Ox to the Fox - Patricia Thomas
  • Tom Thumb and Hunca Munca - Beatrix Potter
  • The Small One - Alex Walsh
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Eric Carle
  • The Giving Tree - Shel Silvertein
  • Storytime with the Millers - Mildred A. Martin
  • Wisdom and the Millers - Mildred A. Martin
  • A Fish Out of Water - Helen Palmer 
  • The Fire Cat - Esther Averill 
  • Buford the Little Bighorn - Bill Peet


How about you?  What are your favorite children's books?

Blessings in His Name,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Um *clears throat* this really has nothing whatever to do with your post ;P, but I wanted to let you know I tagged you with the food tag over on my blog here: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-awesome-food-award.html. (I know you don't eat everything on the questions, so feel free to fill it out or not as works best for you, but I wanted to tag you. ;D)

    And btw (lots going on here this morning), so I was only able to give your post a quick look, but that list book looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tag! I'll hop over to your blog and check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. P.S. Does it have lists from the author or is it entirely blank in diary type form? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each list contains one of the authors favorite books. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1