Literary list #4

Time for another fun, literary list!

(side note: Craig Duncan's An Old English Christmas is just lovely to listen to while writing. ;)

Books To Read Before I Die

  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo
  • The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexander Dumas
  • Tuck Everlasting - Natalie Babbitt
  • The Magic of Ordinary Days - Ann Howard Creel
  • Camille - Alexander Dumas 
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin - Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • Larkrise to Candleford - Flora Thompson
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks 
  • Christy - Catherine Marshall
  • Surrprised By Joy - C.S. Lewis
  • Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis 
  • Fried Green Tomatoes - Fannie Flagg (I wanted to read this ONLY because I love the movie; after reading the book though, I DO NOT reccomend it)
  • The Help - Kathryn Stocket
  • Reply - Ken Grimwood
  • A Thousand and One Nights - Unknown
  • Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
  • The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
  • Greenwillow - B.J. Chute
  • Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
  • Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
  • Emma - Jane Austen
  • Persuasion - Jane Austen
  • Wives and Daughters - Elizabeth Gaskell
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • Anne of Green Gables (all books) - L.M. Montgomery
I know.  Some of these books are classics that I should be ashamed of not having read them!  Please don't judge. *winks*
Obvisouly I have way more to add to my list, but I'm not 100% sure as to what I sould add.  

What do you think?  What books should I add?  I'm open for suggestions!

Bathed in Grace,


Comments

  1. If you haven't read Les Miserables, it definitely belongs on that list. :)

    Also, I'm partial to Lad of Sunnybank by Albert Payson Terhune (all of his books, really). I think they should be on more people's radar... so this is me, telling more people about him and recommending he go on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenelle, for the comment! I thought that I did have Les Miserables on the list, but I guess not. Lol
      I've never heard of Albert Payson Terhune before but will definitely look into his work - thanks for suggesting him!

      Delete
  2. Hey Sara, I was trying to find a "contact" you page, but couldn't - I'm probably missing it somewhere super obvious - anyway, I'm taking part in a Black Friday sale with several other Indie Christian authors, and I was wondering if you might be interested in blogging about the sale? Every blogger who participates will be able to choose 5 free e-books as a thank you for your help in spreading the word! Please let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey back!
      Yeah, I don't have a "contact me" button yet. Lol Thanks for the invite! Sure, I'd love to participate! :)

      Delete
    2. Wonderful! Would you be willing to shoot me your email address at jenelle@jenelleschmidt.com so I can send you the sign-up form?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1