"Make a joyful noise"

All my life I've always enjoyed singing. All my life I've always wanted to sign but never had any opportunity. 

When my brother came down to visit (he had to come down because he and my other brother were in a wedding) he surprised my sisters and I with two dear friends: Jemi and Zoe. We met them back in April of this year and found out that we are all kindred spirits. Their love for the Lord is outstanding and always an encouragement; their drive to serve Him in all things is a true statement of their faith and one that I will always be honored and blessed to watch as God waters, prunes, and tends to them both. Jemi and Zoe, I am blessed to call you both my friends. God has given much more than I could ever dream to deserve...

So, we went to visit my 90 year old Grandma and it worked out that we were able to sing for her and the villa that she lives in. Oh, I cannot even being to tell you how touching it was to be able to sing (some of the songs included: Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, Be Thou My Vision, and Old Rugged Cross). And what was more was that my brother Timothy shared the gospel! He has such a heart for the Lord and it is a beautiful thing to behold someone sharing the Word of God to aged ears. 

God has such a way of giving you your hearts desire when we delight ourselves in Him.

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4 

And like I said one of the things I always wanted to do was sing and praise Him with the words from my mouth!

" I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude." Psalm 109:30

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." Psalm 28:7 

I was blessed with being able to make a joyful noise with dear friends and family. 

"Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob." Psalm 81:1

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms." Psalm 95:1,2

Oh to be in His presence! I truly felt the Holy Spirit that day moving through each of us. In fact, my sisters and I got very emotional while singing because of the Power and Presence that was with us.

I know that I don't have the best of voices, and Satan loved that that I was self-conscious about this. He spat lie after lie into my ears and I believed them thinking that I could never sing because of my "awful voice".  However, a dear friend once told my sisters and I that, "it is not about what you sound like, but to Whom you are singing. You are singing for the Lord, no one else, and He doesn't care what you sound like." (Not sure if that's the exact phrase, but I know it went something like that)

Take that Satan!

"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise." Psalm 98:4

I know for sure that we did just that!

Here is a picture of us after singing and sharing




L to R: Andrew, Zoe, me, Abigail (in front of me), Emily, Jemi (with the guitar), my Mama, Timothy (behind my Mama and the one with the cowboy hat), Josiah, and Joseph










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1