Lead me through this storm

Couple of the things God has been teaching to me:

1.  I am constantly humbled by God.
No matter how many times I try to be "two beats ahead" of the Lord, He humbles me by reminding me that I'm not in control; nor will I ever be.  

His timing is always right.  

His timing is always perfect.  

I am neither.

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:10



2.  Man will always disappoint.  God will never disappoint.
I never knew this truth to be so...well, true! 

I must put ALL faith, hope, trust, and confidence in the Holy One, because He will never let me down nor leave me. 

"I will never leave thee, nor forsake(leave in straits, leave helpless; totally abandoned, utterly forsaken; to leave behind among, to leave surviving -I thought that to be interesting) thee." Hebrews 13:5b

There have been many times when I so badly wanted to ask the Lord about this little storm we are going through, but I know that if I was given the answer - or rather the shortcut through the bad weather - there would be no reason for me to trust Him completely.  

You are my Guide.

The Captain.

And all I am is second mate.  

I must put my faith and trust in You, because deep down I know that You know these waters better than anyone else.  For you are the maker of the heavens and the earth.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1

The weather may get rocky, but You will never be shaken.

"Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below." Click here for full song.

"I've gotta say this has taken my by surprise, but nothing surprises You/Before a heartache can touch my life, it has to go through Your hands."  Kerri Roberts 'No Matter What'

I may shed tears, whether they be from hurt, frustration, or just lack of understanding; and that's okay because God made me to have emotions.

"And the peace of god, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

"Walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7 

I just felt like sharing this.  

In His Ever Loving Hands,
Sarah



Comments

  1. So true...though seas may be rough, we need to remember to stay focused on Jesus versus the waves and wind, no matter how high or howling they may be. Remember beloved, nothing, I mean absolutely, positively nothing is allowed in our lives without first passing through the sovereign hand of God.

    1 Peter is a great book to read - Timeless Truths for Tough Times - He is our rock, our anchor, our great and high tower. He is always good, no matter how 'badly' things may look and/or feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is MUCH comfort in knowing ALL things pass through His mighty hand, sometimes it is just hard to see because the waves/winds are so very violent.

      I plan on reading through 1 Peter now, thanks! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What a Friend We Have in Jesus - Hymn for May

The in-between

Literary Heroine Blog Party