2013 Recap

Since I haven't been very good at posting this month, I though I'd just come clean and try to post at least one more time before the year is out.

I still can't believe that 2014 is just around the corner!  So, I thought I'd do a recap of this past year.  I've done it before and you can read about it here

This past year there has been many things that have come up that - I believe - the Lord has used to shape me even more into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ.  They were things that surprised me, worried me, upset me, scared me, and overall just shocked me!  However, through all of this I've come to trust, love, fear, and respect Him more than ever.  Through all this growing and changing, I feel like my roots are set deep in Him, and even though there is a storm raging up top, I shall not be shaken nor moved from His presence.  He is my rock. 


O the comfort of these verses!

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." ~Psalm 18:2

"In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God." ~Psalm 62:7

"But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge." ~Psalm 94:22




Here is my recap:

January - Two of my sisters and I tasted Thai food for the first time and we absolutely loved it!

February - I stopped using shampoo. Yes, you read that right.  I haven't used store-bought shampoo in almost a year!! :-)  I've been using something like this.

March - I was blessed with being in one of my dearest, and closest friend's wedding. :-)  I was having SO much fun that whole day that I completely forgot to take pictures!

April - two of my sisters and I were blessed with the experience of helping another dear friend cook for her son's wedding rehearsal dinner. It was Thai food and it was VERY good! :-)

May - Rest and relaxation. :-)

June - I (along with my sister) started doing a Bible Study ("Lies Women Believe...).  My eyes were opened to so much during this study; I highly recommend it! Also, I memorized the hymn "Be Still, My Soul", and O how the Lord used that song during the months that followed!

July - Prepared for my brothers visit. :-)

August - My brother came down for a 10-day visit accompanied by a young lady who stayed with us. 

September - I can't even remember half of this month, it was that busy! My parents took a mini vacation and we (the children) played house - which was tons of fun! Also, there was a lot of growing up during this time.

October - My sister and I started helping a sweet lady set up for her annual Christmas party.

November - The last two months in 2013 were very stressful and eye-opening. However, the Lord used both situations for His glory...and that's all that matters.

December - Busy bees were we this month!  I haven't baked THAT many cookies in a LONG time! ;-)  It was hard work, but I am grateful because I was able to improve my skills with the difficult recipes.   

Here are some pictures from this past year



Don't these look just too good for words?
Here  is the recipe.


I love tea. Like a lot. But somehow this year
I grew to love it even more. ^_^
I took this picture right as the sun
was setting...just lovely.


I got into juicing more.
Carrot, apple and ginger juice! :-)
Italian cookies that are very easy to make.



My mother simply makes the best.
After years of having not read this book, I found it online, bought it
and read it.  It's been my favorite for years. :)

I bought these boots a few in 2011 was only able to
wear them once or twice. This year, I was
able to get my money's worth of them.

My sister and I were chosen to pre-read this GREAT book!

I bought an iPod and became my own photographer. :-) 

North and South. I believe that
this book is my favorite.


I don't want to be dramatic and say that I've walked through fire this year, but that is how I feel.  
There have been surprising things happen that I wasn't ready for - truly the Lord knew I was ready for them and He was there, with me, every step of the way.  In the beginning, I didn't see any purpose of what was going on.  I didn't understand why, and even though I still don't fully understand (and the little that I do "get" is only by His grace), I know with every fiber of my being and without a shadow of a doubt that "...all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." ~Romans 8:28
This is all part of His eternal plan for my life.  

I leave y'all with this Truth:
He is good. Everything He does and will do, is good.  

So...

What are some of the amazing things the Lord has done in your
life this past year?

In His Holy Name,
Sarah



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1