Mrs. Elliot

Google 
A few posts ago I shared this quote: "God never does anything to us that isn't for us." (Elisabeth Elliot)  It is from her book "Be Still, My Sou" that my sister got for her birthday.  Is there a reason for this post?  Nope.  I just wanted to share some inspiring quotes from an inspiring lady. :-)


This woman is one of many whom I greatly admire and esteem.










This last quote has to be one of my favorites!

I encourage you to read this and maybe even consider downloading it yourself here. They are great verses and I think it a great idea to memorize His Word.  Random, I know.  But oh, so worth it! :-)

Do you have a favorite Elisabeth Elliot book or quote?  If so, I'd love to know it. :-)

Blessings,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Elisabeth Elliot is the first author I read who discussed courtship versus dating, though she didn't title as such. Rather as a lifestyle committed to honoring God and one another, not defrauding. It is so easy for women to 'run' with thoughts of a man's interest and I appreciated Jim Elliot's commitment (and her's!) to not stir up thoughts or hopes in one another.

    I've read many of her books and haven't found one yet I didn't like, or agree with! She is an excellent role model of godly womanhood, she's suffered, yet continued to give God the glory. Thanks for the exhortation and encouragement to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment! I'll never forget my mother encouraging her daughters to read more about EE; read her books and study her life. I can honestly say it's been an amazing journey. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1