This recipe.

Have you ever had something so amazing you just couldn't believe it?  Have you ever come across a recipe that seems like it's just too good to be true, but isn't?  Well for me, yes and yes!

This recipe. Is. Amazing.  I haven't done a post about it, but I've had to change my diet again - for more health reasons - and this time I've had to cut out ALL carbohydrates.  Yes, my life-long love affair with carbs is no more - BUT, I feel much better after having to cut them out.  It was hard to do, but again, I feel better. :-)

If you want the original recipe, click here.  Seeing as how I can't eat the honey, I changed a few things about this already amazing recipe.   

Looks good, right?


Ingredients
  1. 1 1/2 cups walnuts
  2. Pinch of salt
  3. 1 cup dates - these are high in carbs, so I have to really limit myself with them
  4. 1 tsp vanilla
  5. 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  6. 3/4 cups coconut cream
  7. a dash of your favorite sweetner - I used Xylitol (you might be wondering, "what's Xylitol?", well read here.)
  8. 1 tsp. almond milk - just to get the coconut cream a little more creamy 
  9. 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
  10. NOTE: I don't think that cinnamon would be a bad thing to add to the blender...it would give it a little kick!
Instructions
1. Add the walnuts and salt to a good blender or food processor. Blend until the walnuts are finely ground. Add the dates, vanilla, and cocoa powder; blend to combine. While the blender is doing its amazing job, add a little water (just a few drops) to make sure the mixture will stick together.
2. Grab yourself a spatula (do any of y'all call these things "scrapers?" I'm just wondering) and transfer this amazing stuff to a plate (I used a dinner plate) that has some wax paper on it - enough to cover the whole plate. Using your best assess, form the mixture with your fingers (hey now, what where you thinking of?) into a flat disk. Next the recipe says to freeze for 1 hour, I didn't do that. I just placed the whole thing in the fridge when I was done.
3. Mix the coconut cream, your choice of sweetener, and the dash of almond milk in a bowl.
4. Slice your strawberries. Spread the dreamy white cloud over the top of the crust; add the berries, then refrigerate for a few hours. Then, and only then, ENJOY!! 
If you plan on making this, I'd love to hear about your experience!  
Blessings,
Sarah 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1