August memory verse

Hey everyone!

Sorry I'm late in posting this - as of right now I have a chest cold/sinus infection that I am getting over.  How I got sick is a long story that I may share one day.  :-)

So it's August!  This month came in like a lion for me - isn't that supposed to be March, though? "March comes in like a lion, what else? Still the snow never melts." - I'm singing the line from the musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brother. *giggles*  




This months verse was something I didn't know I needed.  God has a way of doing that, doesn't He?  Giving us something at a certain time that we don't think we'll ever need, but then something happens that reminds us of that "thing" the Lord gave us and we are almost instantly humbled? Yeah, that's me and I find myself doing a lot of face-palms!

I have to remind myself that His timing is always right.
That's what I feel like most times.  I'm sure some can relate.

Back to the point.  So, even though I am getting a late start on this months memory verse, I am still going with it.

[[A Song of degrees.]] "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, which made heave and earth." Psalm 121:1,2 {KJV}

A Song of Ascents.
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills - From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." {NKJV}

A Song of the Ascents. 
"I lift up mine eyes unto the hills, Whence doth my help come?
My help is from Jehovah, maker of heaven and earth." {YLT}

May the words of God's servant, David, remind you Who our Help-meet is and that He will never leave your side, even when things seem like they'll not get any better. 

Love and blessings,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Good morning, Sarah! I am so sorry you have been under the weather and I pray you are feeling better soon!

    Thank you for this thoughtful and encouraging post. May you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie for the prayers - I am much better today (even though I now have one of those nasty coughs, yuck!) and I am touched by the prayers.

      I am glad that you were encouraged by this post. I felt bad because it was a late-comer, but I guess God used that. :-)
      I hope you have a blessed day as well!

      Delete
  2. Sarah -- I do hope you're feeling better soon! And I know... The "down" times in life (when it feels like you're on the cliff-edge or down in the valley "again" (while tremendous opportunities to grab hold of the goodness and faithfulness of God) can be so hard sometimes! I'll be praying for you...

    with love,
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi for your encouragement, it means a lot. :-) The place where God has me right now is good - though isn't every place He places us in good? Because His intentions are always good? It is how we react when we see "where" we are that magnifies what's on our inside; and that, my friend, is what a true test is: To see how we react to these certain situations.
      Sorry, I kinda rambled off there! :p
      Thank you again for your sweet prayers and encouragement - oh, and welcome back to the blogging world! Weren't you "away" for awhile?

      Blessings,
      Sarah

      Delete
    2. Sarah, I so appreciate all you said! It's always a bright and encouraging spot in my day whenever we can "chat" back and forth. :-) And I do apologize for not getting back sooner here... This past week we were having a lovely time visiting with grandparents. And yes, thank you, you were right! I did take a big blogging break in July/part of August (while traveling, etc). I'm hoping to get a post up this afternoon, but we shall see... ;-) Hope all is going well!

      Delete
    3. Heidi, I am glad that we can be an encouragement to one another - it's such a blessing!
      All is well. I hope that you enjoyed your visits/travels. Will you be posting pictures? :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1