Turmeric coated almonds

I like almonds.  

Like a lot.

They've become one of my favorite nuts to eat (although cashews come pretty close).  

A while back I toasted almonds using turmeric and they turned out delicious!  When my sister smelled them she said that they smelled like popcorn - that's a huge compliment to me because I love popcorn!

"Is turmeric good for anything?"  You be ask.  Yes!  Turmeric is SO good for you!  Here are the top ten health benefits of this ancient spice.

  1. It helps prevent cancer
  2. It helps relieve arthritis 
  3. It helps control diabetes 
  4. It helps reduce your cholesterol level 
  5. It is an immunity booster (this is great for me because of my existing thyroid issues - it's a long story that I'll have to share sometime)
  6. It heals wounds - tea tree oil helps heal wounds as well, it draws out infection.
  7. It helps manage your weight - YAY for this!  
  8. It helps to prevent Alzheimer's Disease 
  9. It helps improve your digestion - it is SO important to have a healthy, flowing, and clean digestion system!
  10. and last it also helps prevent Liver Disease  
I fully believe that God created these herbs, roots, plants (and many more things) for a reason and purpose.


Besides all these wonderful things, it is a natural antioxidant; antifungal, and antiflammatory, just to name a few.  It's packed with good vitamins as well.

If you would like to read the whole article, please click here.


Turmeric Coated Almonds - what you'll need:



  • Almonds (forgot to take a picture of them)
  • Turmeric
  • Coconut oil - or olive oil
  • Pink Himalayan salt
  • Fresh black pepper (which of course, I forgot to take a picture of!)
Now, here's what I did:

I took about 1/3 - 1/2 cup of almonds and placed them in a cold cast-iron skillet and turned the heat to medium high.  Then I drizzled about a tablespoon and a half of the coconut oil over the nuts, then about a 1/4 of a teaspoon (maybe less) of salt & pepper; and lastly the turmeric, of which I used a little more than 1/4 teaspoon (I like mine really yellow and with a bite).  And they turn out like this.



And that's all she wrote!  Simple, no?  

Enjoy!


Comments

  1. Mmmm... sounds delicious, Sarah! Thanks for sharing - I'll have to try this sometime soon.

    Enjoy your day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so yummy! I have to "hide" them so that I don't eat them all in one sitting because I can and have! :-p

      Enjoy your day too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1