I'm back!!

So, I'm back from a most blessed wedding!! :-)  I can't even begin to go into detail of how much fun the trip was.  The Lord is SO good.

But first...

Before I go into detail (and I'm thinking about maybe doing two wedding picture posts because there is SO much to tell you about), I want to share what the Lord showed me while up there.

A few days before we left for this trip I got a nasty cold.  With a trip approaching, the last thing I wanted was to get sick.  My brother was getting married in a week!  Talk about great timing.  I tried with all my human might to stop this thing from coming on, I tried these tips that seemed to help slow my cold down but it was stubborn and kept coming despite my efforts.  There was so much to do before we left! We still had tree turkey's to put in the freezer.  Now that's an interesting mix: turkey blood and guts and a queasy, sick me.  Not fun.  But God gave me the strength to get through that day - even though I still wasn't 100%. 

The day had arrived!  We woke up real early, packed ourselves into a 12 passenger van (talk about FUN!) and headed out.

"On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again..."

We made a stop in the beautiful state of Kentucky to pick a dear, sweet friend who was attending our brother's wedding as well.  I love this state; it's pretty, but man is it LONG!  What made it fun though was the music and the company of family and friends. :-)  We must have listened to almost every Newsboys CD we had!
What's really cool about the amount of traveling I've done in my short life is that I've been able to see many different states.  One of the things I enjoyed about Kentucky was gazing at all of the farms.  The lone homes surrounded by acres and acres of land was really in a way, breathtaking.  They reminded me of a book I just finished reading, The Magic of Ordinary Days.




Back to the post and point.  

We reach the place my brother is getting married (here is a picture that I took on my first trip up there in 2012), which is actually a working ranch in Pennsylvania.  The landscape in some spots are very pretty. 



While up there and still battling a cold, I wasn't sleeping well at all, and if you know me then you know that I like my sleep!  By the beginning of the wedding week, I was tired, cranky and rundown.  Each night I prayed for rest, but each night I tossed and turned till about 3:00am and then dozed until about 5:30 (which was when we got up).  There's nothing like the feeling of restlessness, and for me that's huge.  I went to bed that night (I think it was Tuesday), but before I closed my eyes to get yet another restless night's sleep, I read my evening devotionals by my favorite preacher, Charles H. Spurgeon.  Psalm 61:2 was the head verse and it hit my like a ton of bricks.


Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (KJV)

"...when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I."  I couldn't stop reading that part.  Even though I knew inwardly that God is bigger than any issue I've ever had, I still needed to be "slapped" with this truth: He is my rock and He is solid and I can rest in Him.

Thank you God, for always being;  for always reminding me at just the right time, that You are bigger than anything. 

Sarah

P.S. Stay tuned for the wedding pictures because they are coming soon! 

Comments

  1. It's so good to have you back, Sarah!! I'm so glad everything went well and I can't wait for the next installment with pictures! Thanks also for sharing.... Colds seem to be cropping up all over these days (I've been battling one for like three weeks :P) and so your post was most encouraging! Thank you, friend! And oh...but I've missed you!! ;) So glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! It's good to be back. I never thought I'd miss blogging, but I did and now I'm glad to be back at it. So sorry to hear that you are battling a cold - they are no fun no matter how you slice it! Praying for healing, friend.
      To God be the glory! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1