Will you speak?

It's the new year...5 days into it now.  I came across this verse while reading through the book of 2 Chronicles.  I wanted to share it, but never did.  Well, now I am. :)

"And Micaiah said, As the LORD liveth, even what my God saith, that will I speak." 2 Chronicles 18:13

"... even what my God saith, that will I speak."

The question for me right now is this: Will I honor Him in my speech this year...and the next?  Or even today?

Think of all the men and women who gladly died for their Savor - without question or doubt they went to the grave for their Lord because they truly knew "...to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
I know this is where I struggle: speaking up when I should.  

Why yes, you DO make me nervous!
 How about you?  Do any of you struggle with this fear?  I have to remind myself how many times God says "Fear not" in the Bible. He says "fear not" over 100 times!  Lord, remind me!

Why do we so quickly forget His ways; His soft words and commands?



I want to enter into 2015 with confidence.  "I have confidence!"  Now, I am not talking about a prideful confidence that isn't Christ-like.  I am talking about being bold for the Lord; speaking up when others will not, proclaiming God's truth when someone denies it.  That's what I want to do this year.  How about you?

You in?

~Sarah 

"Wherefore, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin thee that which is convenient, Yet for love's sake I rather beseech thee, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ." Philemom 1:8-9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1