Read it. Speak it. Write it.

Last week I felt led to memorize Colossians 3:12-17.  That was a big thing for me to do - memorize.  I'm not very good at it, and when I must do it I tend to take a good long while before I even have half of a verse memorized!

So I wanted to find a way that was going to help me stay on track.  And what do you know, I came a cross this method: 

Read it 10 times.  Speak it 10 times.  Write it 2 times.



I cannot tell how how much this has helped - and worked!  I encourage you to at least try it.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. 
And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. 
 - Colossians 3:12-17

I have verses 12, 13, and 14 down and I plan on getting 15 done today.
After I have that passage memorized, I'd like to do a passage in Romans.  We keep bringing this (after the picture) one up in my Bible study and I feel the Lord tugging on my heart to "let it dwell within, deep in my bones." 

My scribbles.


Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. 
Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. 
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. 
 -Romans 12:14-21

Then after this, I'd like to tackle 1 Peter 2:19-25, which says,

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. 
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. 
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 

Are there any verses you plan to memorize this year?  Please share, for I'd love to know and maybe be of some encouragement!

Blessings in Jehovah!
Sarah

Comments

  1. Sarah, memorizing scripture is no easy task! Thus I must say how wonderful I think it is that you are purposefully hiding God's Word in your heart! You will indeed be so blessed by these scriptures that you've been diligent to memorize! May you continue and be encouraged to persist! Sometime ago I did a challenge which required you to memorize 52 verses in 52 weeks - it was reall amazing! Currently I'm working on Psalm 91 - it may be long, but it contains so many truths to hold onto and rejoice in!
    May you blessed!
    Your sister in Christ Jesus,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly-Anne,
      Thank you SO much for the tenderly sweet comment - it truly touched my heart. Your encouragement is so very sweet and I truly treasure and am blessed by it. :) May God bless you as you seek Him through His word and in the reading/memorizing of Psalm 91.
      Blessings and blog "hugs",
      Sarah

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1