Top Ten Tuesday - Books from My Childhood I'd Love to Revisit

Heidi, I love this idea and the answers you put down.  I do hope you don't think I'm coping you!

Okay, so the idea of this post is to share the top ten books from your childhood that you'd love to go back to and visit. :)

My Top Ten are:

1. Henry and the Great Society by H. L. Roush - my mother and father read this book to us when we were little and we loved it!  Then as I became older, I deiced to read it to my younger sisters as a part of homeschooling - they loved it and begged us not to stop reading!  But not only is it a good story, the message is even better.




2. The Chronicles of Narnia by none other than C.S. Lewis - need I say more?  These books taught me how to use my imagination and take joy in the adventure!




3. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder - something about these stories filled me with such happiness and wonder!  Confession:  I wanted to marry Pa Ingalls.  There was something wonderful about him that I just loved and wanted in a future husband.  It may sound silly to you, but not to me.  It was precious and sweet.


We had this very set!



4. Miss Rumphius by Barbra Cooney - such a sweet story! 


5. Becky and the bear by Dorothy Van Woerkom - again, a sweet story!  I think my brother liked it more than I did because of the bear. I liked it because Becky drew designs on their sand floor with a stick..you gotta read it.  I must find a copy of this book for my hope chest...


6. One Morning in Maine by Robert McCoskey - Purely classic. 



7. The Book of Virtues by William J. Bennett - I just LOVE this book! There are SO many wonderful (and meaningful) stories in it that I just had to buy myself a copy for my hope chest.  Have any of you read the stories from this lovely book?



8. Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey - I love, love picking wild blueberries - I think that's why it's a favorite of mine. :-p



9. The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan - my dad read us this book when we were little and just recently I had my sisters listen to it through YouTube .  It's a wonderful classic with great, deep meaning. 



And number 10 is a request from all of you!  Yes, that's right, I could only think of 9 childhood books that I LOVED (now that I've posted this I'll remember one, of course), and I need you guys to suggest a lovely childhood book that you think I should visit.

So what should be my number 10??

Blessings in Jehovah,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Sarah,
    *Gasp* you copied me??? (I'm laughing and totally teasing, dear friend! ;)) But ohhhh, those Robert McCloskey books!!!! So wonderful -- and what a great idea combining all the Narnia's under one selection!

    For a favorite recommendation? Oh, dear.... I have a lot of favorites. Hmmmm. Okay, for an absolute, absolute favorite: Prince Boghole by Erik Christian Haugaard. I LOVE that book! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,
      LOL! I posted this, saw your comment and then remembered the book "The Princess and the Kiss" by Jennie Bishop - I just love that story! Have you read it?

      "Prince Boghole" sounds like a wonderful book! I may have to get a copy of it for my hope chest...;)

      Thank you for the suggestion, dear friend!

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun idea! :) I had that set of Little House too - Pa Ingalls was a great Pa! Now I shall have to look up Henry and the Great Society; it looks fun.
    A suggestion for number 10? Hmm...so many....Pinky Pye by Eleanor Estes. It's eccentric (about a typing cat) but clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion of "Pinky Pye", Page...and for the sweet comment! "Henry and the Great Society" is such a good little book! I do hope that you are able to read it. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Sarah dear! Such a lovely post...
    Oh yes! The Chronicles of Narnia...what a delightful series - I honestly don't know how many times I have read each book! And Little House on the Prairie...I know I have read each book at least twenty times! The stories are so dear to my heart!
    Hugs to you and much love...hope your week has been splendid thus far!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly-Anne for the very sweet comment. :) I'm glad that you enjoyed my little post. :) There's just something "magical" that happens whenever I read (or re-read) the Narnia or Little House books; something about the way they were written, I guess. Anyhow, I love them and they've helped shape me into who I am today.
      Thank you, and I hope your week is blessed as well!
      Sarah~

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Of course Anne of Green Gables would count! Thank you for suggesting her! :) Also, I think its wonderful that you're trying the Write It. Read It. Speak It.! I am SO encouraged! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1