"Run run run, as fast as you can..."

So I stated in this post that two of my brothers and my sister and I were running a 5k dressed as characters from different books/movies.  Well, things changed.

We still ran the 5k just not with our "main character".  My brother had to unexpectedly go out of town and he asked if we could wait for him to be all in character while we ran.  Wanting to honor his request, we decided to wait.

So whom did we run as?  Well, my younger brother still went as his character - Thomas from James Dashner's The Maze Runner.   And while Anna and I were going to be running as Short Round and Marion Ravenwood from the Indiana Jones films, we thought of something different (actually my sister did!).  Anna dressed as Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson books while I was Piper Mclean.

Here's what Thomas' character looks like in the movie -


And here's my brother's version - 


He did such a good job on both his outfit and his running time!


My sister's outfit - 

Isn't she adorable?  She made her shirt, belt and necklace by herself!


Here's a close-up of what her necklace looks like (mind you, this isn't hers)

And then there's me - 


I really didn't think I looked the part - even though my sister insisted otherwise.  

I had to take it easy due to an episode of heat exhaustion about a month ago.  Anna and I still finished well and had a great time running and listening to Newsboys - that's kind of our thing.  The song we really enjoy is "Fishers of Men". 

  It was cool, fogy and rainy - perfect for a run!  My brother, Andrew finished in 28 minutes and Anna and I finished in 34 minutes.  I jokingly told her the day before "I want to make it it under 35 minutes!"  Funny how that happens, huh?  

So we crossed the finish line, drank our water, ate our bananas and oranges.  Then it was time for the rewards - which we normally don't stick around for but this time we did.  And to my surprise, I won 1st for me age group!! :D  Talk about a surprise!  Plus, I doorprize: a gift certificate for a free pedicure! 



Over all it was a really nice, calm day.  I loved the extra time spent with my brother and sister!  I look forward to the next 5k with them and our outfits! *winks*  Honestly, I'm just excited about blogging about it! :)

Hoping and praying that you all have a lovely day!










*Images from Google

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1