Sewing - something I'm trying to get better at

There's something magical about sitting in front of a sewing machine and creating something with your hands, and, well, and a sewing machine! :p  I have been bound and determined to make something that actually looks good and has a practical use for a while now and so while I was browsing Pinterest, I found this pattern.  The instructions were very easy to follow, and the pictures helped a great deal.  I was a bit sceptical about the quilting part (I'm not the greatest at it), but I thought, "Why not?"

I cannot tell you how proud I am of myself for FINISHING this, and for it coming out looking half way decent!  And this only took me a few hours to make!  Not bad, if I do say so myself. ;)

The one thing I did change was the measurements.  I wanted a bigger bag, one that I could use as my Bible bag for church, so I upped the measurements by almost half.
Here are a few pictures:



I didn't have enough of one fabric for the lining, so I had to
sew two pieces together. I kind of like it, though, you know?

Even though you can't really see the quilting, it is there!


Hopefully, you'll find some inspiration to go and make yourself one of these cute bags!

How about you?  What is your favorite sewing project?

Blessings,


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1