Hand it over...wait, didn't I do that already?

I feel like it's been a while since I wrote a post on the grandness of being single. *that last part being said with a bit of sarcasm*

For a while, I felt good - and by that I mean, content, and by "content" I mean I was so distracted by my school that I had no time for thinking anything else!  When the dust settled, though "things" started coming up for air; emotions I thought were suppressed, found time to surface again reminding me where I used to be.  To be clear: I'm not down in the dumps or depressed.  I don't feel sorry for myself and I am in NO way looking for attention.  This is simply me sharing.


There's a part of me that wants to laugh; laugh at how it quickly I forget God's goodness.  Like a puff of smoke, I forget His promises to me and His Word.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

...thing there is a season - H2165 an appointed occasion: - season, time. Interestingly, this Hebrew phrase only occurs 4 times in the entire Bible!

...and a time - H6256  time, especially (adverbially with preposition) now, when, etc.: -  + after, [al-] ways, X certain, + continually, + evening, long, (due) season, so [long] as, [even-, evening-, noon-] tide, ([meal-], what) time, when.

To every little thing, there is a season.  This I know, but I'm having a really, really hard time writing it on my heart; keeping it fresh in my mind.  This season of life is only for an appointed time; an occasion that will not last forever.  Instead of focusing on the occasion, I am trying to remind myself Who appointed me this little bit of time.  If it's from God then isn't it always good?  Yes, most definitely.

A verse we're all quite familiar (well, at least I hope we are!) with is the 23d Psalm of David: The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  

The LORD - H3068  (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord.

is my shepherd - H7462  A primitive root; to tend a flock, that is, pasture it; intransitively to graze (literally or figuratively); generally to rule; by extension to associate with (as a friend): -  X break, companion, keep company with, devour, eat up, evil entreat, feed, use as a friend, make friendship with, herdman, keep [sheep] (-er), pastor, + shearing house, shepherd, wander, waste. 

I shall not - H3808 lo; a primitive particle; not (the simple or abstract negation); by implication no; often used with other particles: -  X before, + or else, ere, + except, ig [-norant], much, less, nay, neither, never, no ([-ne], -r, [-thing]), (X as though . . . , [can-], for) not (out of), of nought, otherwise, out of, + surely, + as truly as, + of a truth, + verily, for want, + whether, without.

want -H2637  A primitive root; to lack; by implication to fail, want, lessen: - be abated, bereave, decrease, (cause to) fail, (have) lack, make lower, want.

With God, I lack nothing.  Hear that, nothing.  I'm telling myself this more so than anyone else (that's all I can do, right?).  But why is it so hard?  Why do I feel like nothing ever changes?

I absolutely love hearing/reading engagement stories; the details, the ring, everything!  However, deep inside something aches and never seems to subside.  And for the longest time, I thought that that pain was supposed to go away completely; that if I was 100% content with where God had me, then I wouldn't feel this ache.  Foolish and silly of me to even think that.  Jesus said that in the world we will have trials and tribulation.  He didn't promise all the pain to go away while on earth - that's a lie woven by the devil himself.  As long I am living here, there will always be pain, heartbreak, sadness, and tears.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

Thankfully, my Savior has overcome the world and I do not have to live in fear of this pain for I know that one day, there will be no more tears (Rev. 21:4).

One of my favorite Bible verses is James 1:2-3, which says,

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

It works what?  Patience.  You know, that thing you have to do when you're waiting for something you really really want?  Yeah, that.

The word "worketh" in that verse means to work fully, i.e. accomplish; by implication, to finish, fashion: - cause, to (deed), perform, work (out).

See that?  He's got something to accomplish in me!  That doesn't mean it's going to fun or even pleasant, but this I know: He is pleasent.  He is a good Father who can be trusted in all things - even in this little frame of time called singleness.

So, dear friend, don't lose heart.  He is good in all things and through all things.  Thank you for always listening.

To God be the glory,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1