Good Things

There is a lot of good and wonderful things taking place within our household.  For one, my little sister is getting married.  *cue the dancing, and joyous celebrating* 

Have I neglected to mention that?  I guess I have!  Well ladies and gents, believe it because it's true!  My 5k running buddy is getting married in just a few short weeks.


Also, would you believe that this will be the SECOND wedding for our family within this year? But wait! there's more.  Not only will there have been two weddings in 2022, but we have also had TWO babies born into our family as well.  Little Charlotte was born in the beginning of April to my oldest brother Joseph and his wife, Emily.  Then Tirzah came into the world in the beginning of September.  Her parents are my second brother Timothy and his wife, Alissa.  This brings the total of grand babies to EIGHT!  

Eight = new beginnings.  



In March my youngest brother, Andrew, got married to his lovely bride, MaryJane.  What a precious day and what a lovely couple!  


It is so exciting to know that we are experiencing a moment in time that we have all prayer dearly for. Personally, it's a sweet reminder that God does hear and answer the prayers of His people.  

One blessing of getting to watch my siblings get married has been seeing the relationships unfold.  Being a witness to their relationships begin with friendships has been a gift; an extra blessing from the Lord. 

Last year we began attending fellowship at a friends house.  We share a meal together and often times play games.  Sometimes we just simply talk, share life updates, ask deep (sometimes fun) questions; there is simply fellowship. 

It's amazing to think back now and see the Lord's hand in bringing us to that group.  I never would have thought that I would have been meeting two of my future in-laws.  The wonderful, kind, and godly man who is marrying my sister was in fact the very first person we met that evening.  Then the kind, lovely, meek and again, godly young woman who sat to my right that evening, is the woman my brother eventually married.  God works in such mysterious, profound ways, doesn't He?

I smile when I recall that evening on March 26th, 2021.  I was nervous to walk into that house that night and in fact, after that first gathering, I went home and told my mother that I had didn't want to go back.   Why?  That's another blog post for another day.  But I did, we did, and I am SO grateful for it.  

What a blessing, and challenge, this year has been.  As I lay here and type this out, it's hard to believe that another wedding is taking place in just a few short weeks.  Lord, I do not deserve these good things.  The blessings that have been given, the friendships, the children, the experiences (even the uncomfortable ones), the chance to witness new relationships, Lord, they are all good and they come from You (James 1:17).

How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me?  Things so undeserved, yet You gave to prove Your love to me.  The voices of a million angles, cannot express my gratitude.  All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to Thee.  To God be glory!  To God be the glory!  To God be the glory for the things He has done!





What about you? 

Can you recall something unexpected that the Lord has blessed you with?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1