Be Thou My Vision - Hymn for March

I don't know why it has taken me almost the entire month of Mach to actually sit down and write this out, but it has and I am finally getting around to doing it! I apologize to those of you who have been waiting.

Okay, so. The song for this month, Be Thou My Vision, is not only a well-known hymn, but it just so happens to be a favorite of mine. 

I have noticed though, that the lyrics differ. The church I attend uses the Trinity Hymnal, and within that hymnal, are these lyrics:

Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart
Not be all else to me, save that thou art -
thou my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, thy presence my light

Be thou my wisdom, and thou my true word;
I ever with thee, and thou with me, Lord;
thou my great Father, I thy true son;
thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle shield, sword for the fight;
Be thou mine dignity, thou my delight,
thou my soul’s shelter, thou my high tow'r;
Raise thou me heav'n-ward, O pow'r of my pow'r.

Rishes I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
thou mine inheritance, now and always:
thou and thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my treasure thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won
may I reach heaven’s joys, O bright heav'n's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O Ruler of all.

What profound words of old! If you want to learn the tune/words, I am sharing (here) the version I am currently listening to.

May this not only bless you, but give you a little courage and encouragement as you head into a new week. 

Blessings, Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1