Late night thoughts

As I lay here and try to quiet my mind and heart before I drift off into sleep, my body decides it wants to fight the coming rest. Like clockwork, my mind comes alive when I lay my head back on my flatter-than-normal-pillow and I end up remaining wide-awake for hours. Like now.

So I played some worship music that speaks God's truth into my tired soul. The words of this beautiful song "hit the spot":

The night is dark but I am not forsaken

For by my side, the Savior He will stay

I labour on in weakness and rejoicing

For in my need, His power is displayed

To this I hold, my Shepherd will defend me

Though the deepest valley He will lead

Oh the night has been won and I shall overcome, yet not I, but through Christ in me



Sleep well, my friends and know that the Great Shepherd is watching over thee. Rest now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1