Trudge On!

Like in all areas of life, one must remember that not everything will turn out the way you thought. For me,  I thought certain events in my life would begin differently than how they actually have. It took a lot of surrendering, praying and then more surrendering to finally come to a place in my life where I had peace. Peace to move on, peace to say "yes" (not to anything in particular), and peace in my soul to being open to truly whatever God has in store for me - which was scary!

We all have our valleys that we steadily trudge through, you know? One thing that will without fail cause discontentment, is comparison. Comparing where God has one person to where He does or doesn't have you is not helpful, to you or to your relationship with Him. 

I can't say that I have retained a whole lot, but I am, day by day, learning to lean more on God. In moments where fear threatens to paralyze me into believing that nothing will come of this way of trusting God, I MUST remember that what God has called me to do, He will equip me to not only do it, but He will never leave me (Hebrews 13:5) to suffer it alone. 

What I have come to realize is this: it really is okay that life has taken a different turn. It really is okay that what you thought you wanted didn't come to pass. It really is okay, and do you know why? Because the Bible says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8)

The Bible also says that "A man's heart deviseth (just a fancy word for "plans") his way: but the Lord directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9

Ya'll, this has been one of the biggest learning curves of my life. Over and over again, the Lord has given me opportunities to surrender these areas of my life to Him, and unfortunately like a stubborn child, I have been the one who has been dragging my feet, actually more like digging my heels into the ground!

But God in His lovingkindness, has been ever patient with me. Not only walking beside me, but lovingly correcting me when I fail to remember His promises. How tender He is as our Father! 





Blessings in the Lord,

Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1