The Doxology (Morning Hymn) - Hymn for August

July is one and done...can you believe it? 

I have been enjoying taking the time to (try and) memorize a hymn for each month of this year. While some songs have stuck more than others, I am enjoying the process. 

This month's hymn is a very well-known one, The Doxology.  

Praise God from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heav'enly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Awake, my soul, and with the sun, Thy daily stage of duty run; Shake off dull sloth, and early rise, To pay thy morning sacrifice.

Lord, I my vows to Thee renew. Disperse my sins as morning dew; Guard my first springs of thought and will; And with Thyself my spirt fill.

Direct, control, suggest, this day, All I design or do or say, That all my pow'rs, with all their might, In Thy sole glory may unite. 

What a beautiful song! I had no idea of the other verses but they are deeply moving. I pray that this song encourages your walk, and strengthens your faith. 




If you're interested in reading more about this song and man who wrote it, click here.

In His Grace,

Sarah

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Eph 6:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1