My Hope Is Built

I may have shared this hymn before but I am not sure.  Either way, I want to share it again.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.

When Darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.

On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand. 

His oath, His covenant, His blood supports me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay.

On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.

When He shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in Him be found!
Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne!

On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand.

I needed this reminder this morning: "His oath, His covenant, His blood supports me in the whelming flood. When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my hope and stay."
O! how that, right there, gives me comfort! 
Knowing that in Christ I stand firm, gives me strength and rest at the same time.  

2014 has started out to be quite hectic and a little overwhelming but again.  I am thankful that the Lord reminded me of this post I did at the end of the year.  

How quickly we forget His goodness and promises!

"...I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

"...all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called
according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Lord, remind me daily of these, Thy truths.  Let me never forget Thy goodness and holiness,
 which is never ending.  Lift up my hands, though they be tired, shaky, worn out, and bruised.  
I thank Thee for Thy blessings, Lord.  May I always lift mine hands and prasie Thee.  Amen.

"O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.  For his merciful kindness is great towards us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the 
LORD." Psalm 117


Blessings,
Sarah



*I apologize; some of the wording may be off.  I'm not sure why. :/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1