2014 Recapitulation

 It's that time of year again!  If you missed last years post, click here to catch up.  I try and do one of these every year but this year it seemed to just creep up on me without my knowledge ( it didn't help that I've been having major internet problems!).

I will be sharing the verses I memorized with each month and what God blessed me with during that month, a sweet memory, or just something interesting I learned!  Enjoy!





January 
"O praise the LORD all ye nations, praise him all ye people:
For his merciful kindness is great towards us:
and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever.
Praise ye the LORD." Psalm 117:1,2
The year beings!  My sister and I were extremely busy working. 

February 
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105
One year I stopped using shampoo and started using my own, homemade product.
P.S. It didn't last long...

March 
"Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart,
in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation." Psalm 111:1
I struggled with memorizing this verse for the entire month.

April 
"Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD."
Psalm 105:3
To truly "seek the Lord" is something that takes time...and sacrifice.  Lord, may I always seek Thee!

May 
"The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation." Psalm 118:14
My brother got engaged!  The wedding planning kind of exploded into action for it was to be a short engagement.

June
"And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness." Psalm 105:43 
I started doing yoga.  It was a 30 day challenge that I enjoyed more than I thought I would!  
After the 30 days I was (and have been) hooked on yoga!  It has helped me in SO many ways concerning
my health.  
Ya'll, give it a try. 

July 
"From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD's name is to be praised."
Psalm 113:3
At the end of June and into the beginning of July, my Mommy, sister and I went to visit my grandfather's house and had an interesting experience while down there - it had to do with the A.C breaking!  To keep it short, it was the HOTTEST weekends of my life!  You can read about it here.

August 
"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1,2
My sisters and I went to our (at the time) soon-to-be sister in-law's bridal shower. :)

September
"For our hearts shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in His holy name."
Psalm 33:21
My brother got married!  Also, I was blessed with being able to spend time with dear friends...one who is a soon-to-be sister in-law!  Yes, there is to be another wedding!! :D  I am SO excited!!

October
"Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth." Psalm 115:15
Work started again for me and my sister (about a week after we got back from the wedding).  We started setting up for our boss and her husband's annual Christmas party in December.  Talk about a lot of gnarled, Christmas lights, and burlap!  Every thing did look absolutely beautiful though. 


November
"Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks:
for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare." Psalm 75:1
This month was hard for me in many ways.  While it was the month of "giving thanks", I found it hard to find the joy in giving.  After a long time (two years shy of 20 years) I had a grand mal seizure.  I couldn't believe that it actually happened to me...again.  I am fine now, all I must learn to do better is "let go" of stress.  If you think of it, please pray for me concerning that area.  I struggle with it deeply.  I know God is good and that He can and will take away all my fears...Lord remind me of this!


December
" I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Psalm 34:1
 I got back into running, which I have missed more than I realized. My other brother (the oldest in the line-up) got engaged!! 
Also, I stopped using "my" shampoo and started using, natural shampoo from the store.  I'll be honest, I couldn't take it ("my stuff") anymore...I needed something else!


Last year I said that I felt like I had walked through fire during the year, and that I was fully "ready" for 2014.  Well, this time I don't feel like that at all!  I feel like I'm trying to grasp what's left of the year while begging (not really begging, but petitioning) for just a little more time so that I can get a hold on things.  It's amazing how much a year can change things, no?   

I wanted to add two other verses from the book of Psalms that the Lord opened my eyes to.

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

I tend to get overwhelmed very easily.  How about you?  I can't remember when the Lord "showed" me this verse, but it was before my grand mal seizure and I had no idea how important it would be to me or how God would continue to bring it to my intention over the next few weeks.

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass." Psalm 37:7

May your days be merry and bright (yes I know that the holiday is over, but I just love that song!) and may you venture into this brand new 2015 with the knowledge that God is Lord of all and that He alone gives true, forever peace!

Thank you fellow bloggers who have made this year amazing!!


In His Mighty Name,
Sarah






Comments

  1. Love how you laid this all out, Sarah! :)

    And....I have to run for chores.... but a quick note on the shampoo! :) I used to make my own, too (which worked for a while and then something happened with summer humidity and everything started getting very sticky :P) and now I really like some of the Aubrey Organics brand. I use the volumizing variety, but they have lots of different kinds. What kind/brand do you use now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked how this post was laid out - I was a little "worried" that it wouldn't turn out once posted.

      I use the Alba Botanic Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner and I love it! It keeps my hair smelling wonderful for days. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1