Happenings in June

It's been a while since my last post.  I apologize.  It seems that since June hit, I've been slam-packed with busyness left and right!

My blogging buddy, Heidi shared a fun post about her happenings during the month of June.  Click here to read about it.  I enjoyed it so much, I decided to try it out for myself.
(And Heidi, I did not intend to copy the title of your June posting.  I completely forgot what your June post was called!  I guess great minds really do think alike. :p)

June was jam-packed with Bible studies, yoga, paper-cutting, Les Miserables, and friend/family visiting.

I started a new yoga challenge and my sister decided to join me.  Here are a few pictures of our attempts at the poses.

Or, forward fold.
Please excuse the sweat stains - 'twas hot outside.
Talk about a deep stretch!
This is supposed to be Peacock pose...yeah it didn't work out.
Both legs should be extended back hovering the floor; sported by the arms.

In June, a dear friend from church moved away.  Besides sharing the same name (and spelling!), we shared very similar health issues that seemed to bond us.  I will miss her spirit and her knowledge of the Word.

This was just a sneak-peak of the paper-cutting that I made for her.
The next BEST part of June was a blessed (and unexpected) visit from a friend whom I had not seen in 8 years!  Married now and mother of two beautiful girls, we were able to spend two full days with our special friend.  We went to the beach and then headed to a camp that we met at years ago.  We saw old and very special faces, as well as met new and sweet faces.

I love, love these sandals! 

Time for some sand and water...
We came and left at just the right time.





I've never been one to like large bodies of water, but there is just something calming about the sea.  I guess I really do take for granted this part of the world that most people covet coming to.  Maybe that's because I live near it...I don't know.  This trip with our friend was pure bliss and was something we all enjoyed and plan on doing again sometime! :)



One of our favorite musicals of all time is Les Miserables.  We've watched the 10th Anniversary on YouTube a few times and absolutely loved it!  My sisters favorite song is sung by the great Michael Ball and it's Empty Chairs at Empty Tables.  This song seemed to be our "theme" song this month and I can't even tell you why - we just love it and the power behind the voice who sings it.


Some of the ladies in my church are doing a Bible study on the book of Jude.  So far it has been extremely edifying and convicting!  With how our nation has been failing at governing, Jude has been a "fresh" pick-me-up.  It's amazing just how perfect God's timing really is.  I've been left in awe many times while reading this book of the Bible.  

I've also been re-reading the Hunger Games....


And lastly, I wrote a small story that I actually enjoyed writing and reading through.  Click on the link to read.  What do you think?  Should I write a second part?

What about you?  What are some fun memories from June that you'd like to share?

Blessings to you all!

~Sarah

P.S. HAPPY 4th of July!!!  Be safe and have fun!

Comments

  1. Hello dear Sarah and happy weekend to you...:)
    What a lovely post of a few of your favourite things in June, sweet friend! I too live near the ocean, so I know what you mean about sometimes taking this delight for granted...although not intentionally of course!
    I don't like swimming in the sea at all...we have lots of Great Whites round here! But oh! There is something intensely calming and majestic about the sea, isn't there...?
    And how delightful to meet up with an old friend! I am sure you enjoyed a very special time together! :)
    Have a wonderful month of July, dear Sarah! Much love to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly-Anne for the sweet comment!
      I love the sound of the ocean, but I'm more of a river/streams kind of girl. The sound of water trickling through rocks is very peaceful to me. Plus, there are NO sharks in rivers! We have Bull Sharks, Great Hammer Heads, and Tiger Sharks in our area and none of us care for it. Even though they are beautiful creatures, I like to enjoy them from afar. :p
      Hope you have a great week Kelly-Anne!
      Hugs and blessings!

      Delete
  2. I LOVED your post (dear blogging and pen-pal and encouraging sister in Christ buddy of mine)! ;) That water looks so refreshing.... was it warm or cool? And those yoga poses! Tell your sister that you both look so controlled and professional!! :)

    And *gasp* you stole my post title??? Dear, dear. We do think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet complement, Heidi. :) My sister is a natural at yoga and all those stretches! The water was nice and warm, and since I tend to get cold really easily, it felt lovely! :)

      'Tis a blessing that we think alike - just another reason to thank God that we're kindred spirits! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1