Back from afar

I'm back!  It's been a long few weeks of my not posting (almost a month!), but alas, things got busy; stayed busy and are just now starting to slow down.

In my last post, I shared that I was going on an adventure - and that's just what I did. :)

So where is it that I went?  Well, I'll tell you.
I went to 3 new and different states this trip, but traveled to/through 13!

We hit these states: Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and finally New Jersey.  Even for someone who has traveled my whole life, this was an extremely long trip.  I think Ohio and Virginia were the longest to drive through - it seemed as if they would never end!

Missouri was exciting to see because none of us who were traveling had ever seen it.  We saw the Arch in St. Louis as we drove in and out of the state which was kind of cool.  The weather was beautiful as well!  While the locals were all extremely warm, we Floridians were soaking it all in! :)
I did however feel a bit like Bilbo when he told Gandalf that he wanted to see mountains again, for that is kind of how I felt.  I did want to see some hilly terrain, but I guess we drove around that part of the state.  Oh well, until next time!









Illinois was interesting because of all the corn - it went on and on for miles and miles.
That never seemed to end.  However, it was a beautiful state (as were all the states; unfamiliar and familiar).













From what I saw of Indiana (and it was mostly highways and gas stations) it was beautiful.

I know this sounds awful, but at one point (I was quite tired of being in a car at the time), I asked "What does Indiana even have?"  And then I remembered the Indy 500 and that that's a big thing in the south - I'm not a fan, but being in the home state felt kind of cool. :)








I love the sunshine my state has; the tropical feel that it gives, and the summer thunderstorms that come every year.

What does your state have that you find interesting and cool?

Blessings in Jehovah!
Sarah

Comments

  1. Wow. You DID cover a lot of ground!! :D Let's see. One thing I do love most of all about where I live is the sky -- it's amazing and changing and beautiful. And.... I like the nice mix of open/wooded, steep/rolling hills right where I live. *wink wink* ;) It's very comfortable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did do a lot of driving! Most of it was while visiting family in New Jersey so it was kind of nice. :)
      Of course I Googled Missouri when I found out that we were going to be traveling there and the hills were (and are) SO delicious! Thank you for sharing, dear friend! Hoping to send out my Lark Rise email this morning! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1