2015 Recap - A fond farewell

This post is 4 times in the making.  Yep, that's right.  Each time I went to type something, EVERYTHING got deleted - major bummer!  My computer is acting up and giving me problems, so I think that may be it.  
I had cute little fonts all made up and everything for each month that I was excited to share.  Oh well. The party must go on, right?  Even though this is not what I was hopping or planning on sharing for my 2015 list, it's what I have at the moment.  What's funny is that this isn't at all what I had "planned" and yet, here it is.  Just like this year, there were things that I wasn't planning, but have "happened".  I guess my posted getting deleted so many times was (in a way) God telling me that that's not how He wanted me to share this years events.  Funny how God works, isn't it?

Also, I kinda am in love with The Last Goodbye (from the Battle of the Five Armies), so I thought I would share the lyrics with my last post of 2015.  Don't worry, I'm not leaving blogging or anything!


January
The new year starts and I purpose to figure out my flair-ups and to read more (the former I have figured out; the latter, not so much).  Also, I start my 5k training for the year!

I saw the light fade from the sky
On the wind I heard a sigh
As the snowflakes cover
My fallen brothers
I will say this last goodbye

February
My first 5k of the year!  I ran this one on the beach with my brother and sister.  It was really cold but felt wonderful.  Funny thing about this was that while crossing the finish line, I tripped!  The guy was handing me (while I was running) my dog tag and congratulating me on finishing, and that's when I fell at his feet, into the beach sand.  Yeah.  I felt like a complete dolt.

Night is now falling
So ends this day
The road is now calling
And I must away


March 
It's my birthday.  I turn 26.  My mother, brother, and grandmother share birthdays in March - I love it!

Over hill and under tree
Through lands where never light has shone
By silver streams that run down to the sea


April
My second 5k of the year!  I ran with my little sister and we took 1st and 2nd place!  This was a lot harder (and hotter) than I would have liked, but in the end it was all worth it (it was for a good cause).

Under cloud, beneath the stars
Over snow and winter's morn
I turn at last to paths that lead home


May 
Wedding time!  My brother gets married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony and I gain another sister - another Emily!  I now have an older sister named Emily as well as I younger one named Emily! :)  My cup runneth over - Psalm 23:5

And though where the road then takes me,
I cannot tell
We came all this way
But now comes the day
To bid you farewell


June
I had been suffering with hearing issues for about a month.  It was SO frustrating!  I felt so off balance with everything.  Thankfully I found out what the problem was and it was able to get fixed - to which I was incredibly grateful!  

Many places I have been
Many sorrows I have seen
But I don't regret
Nor will I forget
All who took that road with me

July
I become an aunt!!  AHH!!  I still can't believe that I have a niece and that she is the most beautiful and precious little baby I have ever seen (I know all aunts say that, but really, she is just a doll).  My brother Timothy and his wife Alissa are proud parents to a healthy little girl and my world has been (happily) turned "upside down".
Low, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. - Psalm 127:3


Night is now falling
So ends this day
The road is now calling
And I must away

 
August
Time travel!  No, not really. :p  My sister and I go with our parents to a wedding in Missouri - a state I had never been to before but that I can now cross off my list of states to visit.  Although, I'd love to go back and do some more visiting/exploring!  I was able to spend time with family and see my grandmother. 

Over hill, and under tree
Through lands where never light has shone
By silver streams that run down to the sea


September
Let's see...my Pop (dad) and brother have birthdays in September...my brother and his wife celebrate one year of marriage with their 3 month old daughter - funny how things change. :) 


To these memories I will hold
With your blessing I will go
To turn at last to paths that lead home


October
Another 5k is run!  This one was tons of fun and SO much easier than the one on the beach!  I had to retire my old running shoes; this 5k did them in. 

And though where the road then takes me,
I cannot tell
We came all this way
But now comes the day
To bid you farewell

November
I miss running my 4th 5k due to being sick - major bummer!  But, to cheer me up I find out that I need reading glasses - not sure if everyone gets excited about that sort of thing, but for me to know that that's where my migraines were coming from, was a big relief!  

I bid you all a very fond farewell


December
I sign-up for some schooling for next year.  What kind of schooling?  Well, starting in January, I will be studying to become a certified yoga instructor!  I found a Christian ministry that teaches yoga, and have since deiced to learn from them.  I didn't want to learn under any of the weird eastern stuff.  
I'm really excited and nervous about the whole thing.  A new chapter in my life is about to start and I can't believe it!  So, if you ever think of me, say a prayer. 

My prayer this year has been that through it all, my eyes would be on Him - even in the really bad.  A song that I have played over and over again has been, It Is Well With My Soul - click here to listen.  It's beautiful and speaks just what I need to hear - every single time I listen to it.

 Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me
Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can’t see
And this mountain that’s in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea
So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul 


A few pictures of this year....






 


Thank you, blogging buddies, for being apart of my little world.  May God bless and keep you as you head into a new year with Him at the helm.  

That quote from Charles Spurgeon has kind of become my life quote.  It sums up my year perfectly.


~Sarah

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. - Lam 3:20-24


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1