"What God hath joined..." Part 3

It's been 3 weeks since I gained a new sister. I cannot believe that 3 weeks have gone by!  It really does feel like it was just yesterday that we were getting ready for this glorious wedding!

I promise, this should be the last wedding post - hopefully you aren't growing too tired of seeing these. :p

Click here to read part 1, and here to read part 2.

To catch you up, we've been seated and the ceremony is about to start...

My beautiful parents looking ever so sharp. :)
Emily's beautiful parents.
(I simply adore this couple)
My mother's beautiful flowers.
The groom awaiting the entrance of his lovely bride.
Looking sharp, if I do say so myself.
Getting ready to rise...


The song Emily walked down to was one of the most
beautiful songs I've heard in a long time.  I completely lost
it when I heard it and saw her walking with her father.
The song is called Last Dance.  Please give it a listen.

Yeah, at this point I was a complete (but happy) mess.
A father giving away his little girl...
It was at this moment that I realized something:
The symbol of the father giving his daughter to another man
to keep; protect, love and care for is one of the most beautiful
symbols that occurs in a wedding (for me that is).

The daughter (although, always a daughter)
goes from one head to the next.  I realized that if
and when that time comes for me, this will be
an emotional (but beautiful) moment - for both me and my father.

"Who gives this women?"
I wish I remember everything that was said, for it
was so beautifully put together.
If I gave you my hand would you take it
and make me the happiest man in the world
If I told you my heart couldn't beat one more minute without you
Would you accompany me to the edge of the sea
Help me tie up the ends of a dream
Would you go with me
 
While Joseph and Emily were pouring their sand,
we sang the hymn He Will Rejoice Over You.

I was still crying at this point.

Almost Man and Wife...


and now, for the first time...
...introducing, Mr. and Mrs! :)
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no; it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests, and is never shaken

Getting ready to cut the cake (which was homemade -
all the cakes and candies were handmade!)...
 




I did not realize until a while ago that the cutting and feeding each other
the wedding cake has symbolic meaning.  Yep.
It symbolizes how the couple will feed and nourish their relationship
for the rest of their lives.

Very tasteful - ha, no pun intended.
"Mmmm, this is SO good!"
After the cutting of the cake everyone went downstairs to enjoy
some delicious food, fellowship and lots of laughs!

This has to be one of my favorites from the wedding.
His face says it all: pure joy.
Isn't Emily's dress beautiful?
The courtyard. 
All that's missing is sister number 5, Anna!
Mingling with family and friends.
The guestbook.  Isn't it sweet?  Emily painted the whole design herself.

I adore the back of her gown!!
My sister did an good job "sneaking" some
pictures of Emily's gown from behind. ;)

After the bride and groom ate, laughed, had more pictures taken,
and mingled with their guests, it was time for them to fly away. 
But not before the groomsmen filled the entire car with balloons! 

It's so perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly
Pack up, and let's fly away!!

And then it was over.  Everything.  After months of planning, Joseph and Emily were man and wife. Two families are now one.  We've been blessed to have known Emily's family for 9 years (almost a whole decade!) and that in turn has been just the icing on this delicious cake.

May God bless you both on this blessed road called marriage.  May you both grow even closer to Him as you learn to lean on Christ and His solid foundation.  I love you both like crazy *tears up* and hope that you both share a very rich life in Christ together.    

               What therefore God did join together, let not man put asunder. ~Mark 10:9


Blessings,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhh, SO GORGEOUS!!!! :) And Emily's dress was just loveliness itself. ;D

    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful..... Thank you again so so much for sharing! ;) And may God continue to most richly and abundantly bless them both in their new life together....

    (Also, I know I already tagged you with the Random Questions Tag a while ago, but I couldn't resist tagging you again with the 10 Favorite Film Characters Tag, too. ;) Here's the link: http://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2015/05/100th-post-and-10-favorite-film.html

    Feel free to do it or not -- but if you do have fun and I can't wait to see your answers!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words - they are both special and sweet. :)

      Also, thank you for tagging me in this fun post, I'll try and pull it together before the end of the week! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Sarah! How I enjoyed the glimpses you shared from your brother and sister-in-law's beautiful wedding... Weddings are wonderful, but weddings where God is honoured above everything else are absolutely gorgeous, and truly delightful!
    Oh, Emily's dress is divine...what a lovely bride! I am sure you must be elated to have a new sister in your family!
    Thank you so much for sharing this blessed occasion with us...you are an enchanting story teller and your pictures are lovely!
    Hope you are enjoying summertime, dear Sarah! Blessings and joy in Christ!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly-Anne,
      That is absolutely true! A wedding where God is honored IS truly beautiful - inside and out. :) Everything about this day was lovely!
      Thank you for the sweet comment!
      I hope you too, are enjoying your summertime with family and friends. :)
      Blessings and hugs,
      Sarah

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2015 The Literary Heroine Blog Party

New moth, new verse

"What God hath joined..." Part 1